Photography Support Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Photography Support Forum

A forum resulting from the participation in Angie Baxter's online Love Your Camera 2 Retreat (Aug-Sept 2011)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Getting children to look at you

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lyndall Palad
Admin
Lyndall Palad

Getting children to look at you Empty
PostSubject: Getting children to look at you   Getting children to look at you EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:53 am

I have so many pictures of the back of Avalyn's head - Getting a toddler to look at you at the right moment is an artform.
That is once you have got them where you want them, and thats a whole other ball game.
When peek-a-boo and stickers fail, the promise of ice-cream doesnt work either, what do we do.....
here is an idea PEZZPezz and other fun things
Love to hear your ideas
Back to top Go down
http://www.lyndallpalad.com
Sally Harding
Admin
Sally Harding

PostSubject: Re: Getting children to look at you   Getting children to look at you EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:41 am

I have the same problem!!!
Getting the right position and lighting (not to mention a spot where there isn't all my junk in the background) is an artform in itself, let alone getting any child's face semi facing me!
Then I find if I call their name, I end up with either a stunned mullet expression or a fake smile. It is hard and I will go and read the link you added!!!
Back to top Go down
Jo O'Kelly

Jo O'Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Getting children to look at you   Getting children to look at you EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:25 pm

Lyndall, great link thanks.

I loved the pezz on the flash bit on the top of the camera...

I tend to wear a large necklace that I play hide and seek with and it helps toddlers interact with me and laugh...i love laughing smiles.

I also have 'fairies' watching them from inside my lens. I tell them that the fairies in my lens love watching children and especially when they are happy and smiling and having fun with their family.

Stickers on hands as Angie taught us as LYC works often for the 12 - 18 month olds to keep them still for at least 10 seconds.

I saw a lady recently with a camera who was holding a really cool puppet that made noise in her opposite hand...with my whopping lense and body I really need both hands on it more often than not.

Dancing parents behind me often works too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jookelly.com
Sally Harding
Admin
Sally Harding

PostSubject: Re: Getting children to look at you   Getting children to look at you EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 4:14 am

Back to top Go down
rbudiardjo

PostSubject: Re: Getting children to look at you   Getting children to look at you EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 3:52 pm

It must be the stage of tods to face away from the camera ahahha When I took a photo of my son and he didn't want to look at the camera, I could just work with what available at time time. I took quite a few of the pics of his back during the Christmas theme photo of him. Finally, he interacted with me... The other way is to get your partner to be nearby you and try to get your son's attention by doing silly things. This worked for me many times.

Regina
Back to top Go down
http://www.reginabphotography.com.au
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting children to look at you   Getting children to look at you Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting children to look at you
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Photography Support Forum :: Websites of Interest :: Creative Ideas-
Jump to: