Photography Support Forum

A forum resulting from the participation in Angie Baxter's online Love Your Camera 2 Retreat (Aug-Sept 2011)

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

BELLA POP NATURAL LIGHT FOUR WEEK CLASS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jo O'Kelly

PostSubject: BELLA POP NATURAL LIGHT FOUR WEEK CLASS   Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:02 am

Hey all,

I have just signed up for this...

20% off so a total of $96 for a whole month of info, forums, critiques etc.

Thought I couldn't go wrong.

Anyone with me??

http://www.bellapop.com/shooting-with-natural-light/

Back to top Go down
http://www.jookelly.com
Sally Harding
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BELLA POP NATURAL LIGHT FOUR WEEK CLASS   Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Oh awesome Jo!! Keep us updated on how it goes!!
I have got the link to her free course, haven't logged in yet though Smile
Back to top Go down
Sally Harding
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BELLA POP NATURAL LIGHT FOUR WEEK CLASS   Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:23 pm

Have you started the course Jo? How are you finding it?

Did any of you receive an email about the LYC extension course Angie is offering? I am interested, but not sure if it is something I need to do. I think I would really love it, but do I NEED it...
Back to top Go down
Jo O'Kelly

PostSubject: Re: BELLA POP NATURAL LIGHT FOUR WEEK CLASS   Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:22 am

Hey Sal,

yes I have started it.

It is no new information though unfortunately except for a little trick I hadn't heard before to swing the palm of your hand around until it has the nicest light shining on it and shoot from there.

I have to submit my three best images each week and she critiques them.

I think I need to find something to improve my post editing skills.

I did receive Angie's extension but wondered if it wouldn't be learning anything new. I feel like I know the theory but can't always nail it in practice!!

I don't know if you need it...you need to decide if it is a day out that you will get a heap out of and come away inspired!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sally Harding
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BELLA POP NATURAL LIGHT FOUR WEEK CLASS   Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:27 am

I feel a bit the same as you, that I can do these sorts of courses, but tend to know the majority of it, perhaps picking up one or two good tips along the way. But where I feel there issue lies for me is in two places: nailing it in practice and post production. Sounds like you might be feeling the same way yourself?

The thing that interested me the most, well two things actually, were the Processing in Lightroom component and the Live Shoot component. These two things could make it worthwhile for me! Very keen to consider it, but I wonder if the rest of the day would be just going over things that I already know...
Back to top Go down
Jo O'Kelly

PostSubject: Re: BELLA POP NATURAL LIGHT FOUR WEEK CLASS   Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:39 am

I honestly believe that watching edits on Youtube and the Break outs I buy through Clickin moms show enough re Lightroom post processing.

Brandy the Bella Pop chick seems to think that you need to do basic edits in lightroom (white balance and exposure) and the rest in photoshop. she believes that photoshop it where you make adjustments that make your images pop!!!

I am considering offering Kristy (Kristy Mulvihill) money to teach me photoshop in a day. I know she now does everything in Photoshop. i am pretty sure she no longer is using Lightroom. What concerns me is the increase time I'd need to spend editing!!!!

Re a live shoot...you have had pro shots yourselves so I am not sure that you would learn much more from Angie. The recent breakout on clickin moms I bought for $25 had a twenty minute video of her live shoot. I personally didn't think she was amazing though! She showed stills as it went through. Sarah was her name.
Back to top Go down
Sally Harding
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BELLA POP NATURAL LIGHT FOUR WEEK CLASS   Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:04 am

Have you upgraded to Lightroom 5? I hear that it is just getting better and better, removing the need to do a lot of PS editing. Not that I would know though as I am constantly overwhelmed with PS!

I agree though, I do regularly see a difference in the "product" that comes from a PS edited image as opposed to a LR edited image. There just seems to be that level of magic involved.

There is just so much that goes into it, and the workflow seems heavy. I would love a one day course where I can lock myself in a room and learn PS! Let me know if you find something like this Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BELLA POP NATURAL LIGHT FOUR WEEK CLASS   

Back to top Go down

BELLA POP NATURAL LIGHT FOUR WEEK CLASS
Page 1 of 1