Photography Support Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Photography Support Forum

A forum resulting from the participation in Angie Baxter's online Love Your Camera 2 Retreat (Aug-Sept 2011)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

THE NEW ME...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jo O'Kelly

Jo O'Kelly

THE NEW ME... Empty
PostSubject: THE NEW ME...   THE NEW ME... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 7:41 am

Hi all,

I have finally launched my new site and new branding.

Would love your thoughts...

www.jookelly.com

Jo

P.S Hope everyone is well!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jookelly.com
megandunn

THE NEW ME... Empty
PostSubject: Congrats!   THE NEW ME... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 8:45 am

Hi Jo,
Well done, loving the new look, you should be so proud! I did want to ask as well, are u still using Nulab for your prints? When u started ordering from them did you calibrate your screen and if so, how did you do it? I have heard so much lately about calibrating my screen and which add on will work best and why and I have it all jumbled in my head now. Im wondering whether I just send some images to be printed and see how they turn out, or whether it is worth investing in a calibration system and if there is a notable difference? Any adv you have would be greatly appreciated.
Megan x
Back to top Go down
Sally Harding
Admin
Sally Harding

THE NEW ME... Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE NEW ME...   THE NEW ME... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:28 am

Jo, I loooove the new colour scheme and branding, it is awesome, you should be so proud! Clever girl!
x
Back to top Go down
Jo O'Kelly

Jo O'Kelly

THE NEW ME... Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE NEW ME...   THE NEW ME... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:43 am

Thanks megan and sal,

Megan, re nulab...yes I do still print through them. I have looked into calibration packages but that is as far as I have got. I suppose the first print order I compared prints with images on screen and fiddled with brightness settings on my mac...prints are a pinch darker than screen but I'm happy with the colours...not identical but pretty close.

They are a great company to deal with...any time I need to phone them they are fantastic!!

If you go ahead and buy a package will be interested to know if there is huge difference!

Thanks again for the new site feedback. Prophoto blogs Megan have so many more creative options than photium.

Haven't been over to your site for ages...must head over and check out asap.

Jo
Back to top Go down
megandunn

THE NEW ME... Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE NEW ME...   THE NEW ME... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Thanks for your response Jo, I havent updated the website with any pics recently as I have been flat out, but will be getting stuck into it tonight. With Pro Photo, what are the costs involved and is it easy to use? I also feel Photium is very limited and get frustrated with the small amount of design input I really have.
Back to top Go down
Jo O'Kelly

Jo O'Kelly

THE NEW ME... Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE NEW ME...   THE NEW ME... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:18 pm

Well,

there are quite a few more steps to Prophoto as opposed to Photium.

Initially I paid $223 to Blue Host for 3 years (host domain), I had to buy a domain and paid $86 for two years at crazy domains and I paid $279 to prophoto for the Word Press Blog Install (the first part of the site).

After playing around and exploring the admin area and customizing the site to the way I want it to look, I now feel a lot more comfortable using it although it took me a while to figure a few things out. The guys at support at prophoto are AMAZING!!! Very helpful and efficient!

I am really pleased that I have moved forward...Meaghan Cook the mentor I worked with suggested I step it up a notch and I believe prophoto has allowed me to do that as well as these beautiful new DVD boxes I received today from seldex.com.au...AMAZING!!!

Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

Jo
Back to top Go down
Lyndall Palad
Admin
Lyndall Palad

THE NEW ME... Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE NEW ME...   THE NEW ME... EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:18 pm

Hellooooo ladies!
Its been so long. Glad to see you have all been busy. Jo new blog looks fantastic! I am yet to get totaly into it cause my little laptop is a little slow these days and it is having trouble loading the images. Its not personal, its just old. But it does look fantastic from face value.
Oh i need to get off my back side and take some pictures. Ive had no end of job offers. Photographing opera recitles, setting up product photo booth (yes they have the booth they just dont know how to take the pictures), maternity shoot this weekend, newborn shoot to finish editing, baptismal portraits. I have declined every time! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?
Instead ive knitted 3 jumpers in as many weeks. :S
Took some happy snaps of my little man today. 3 months already. I cant belive how times flies.

Bendigo next weekend for more yarn - must take camera, im sure there will be some photo oportunites in my travels.
Love to all xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.lyndallpalad.com
Sally Harding
Admin
Sally Harding

THE NEW ME... Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE NEW ME...   THE NEW ME... EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:57 pm

Ah Lyndall! 3 months has flown by!!
In terms of turning down the job offers, I guess you need to feel more in the 'zone', and right now you're just not ready to dive back into it all? It must feel nice at least to be offered such wonderful jobs?

How are your chickens? We've had a few deaths in the family here... New chickens have come, and new chickens have also gone...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

THE NEW ME... Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE NEW ME...   THE NEW ME... Empty

Back to top Go down

THE NEW ME...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Photography Support Forum :: Admin :: Anouncements-
Jump to: